Top 3 Toothpastes For Dental Implants Available On Amazon!
Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the best ways to take care of your dental implants and overall health. However, some kinds of toothpaste can do more harm than good to your implant, so it is essential to research and choose a toothpaste that will clean your implant without damaging it.
The best toothpaste to use for dental implants is Tom’s of Maine Fluoride-Free Rapid Relief Sensitive Toothpaste because it is non-abrasive and, therefore, won’t cause scratches on the implant. It is also good for sensitive teeth.
The rest of this article will look at toothpastes that are good for people with dental implants. If you have implants, keep reading!
What To Look For in a Toothpaste for Dental Implants
Selecting a toothpaste when you have dental implants can be a challenge because there is a lot of conflicting information, and some dentists may say something different than another one. However, it is important to select a good toothpaste, as one of the best ways to ensure dental implant success is to keep your implant clean.
Cleanliness prevents bacteria buildup, lowers your risk of tooth decay and gum disease, and prevents the need for repair or replacement.
My recommendation is to avoid any toothpaste that is whitening. Natural teeth benefit from the mild abrasive used in whitening toothpaste, but implants don’t. The abrasive won’t whiten an implant, but it could scratch it and cause lasting damage.
Scratches on implants open the porcelain to future straining, which will only cause more problems. Therefore, it is best to stay away from whitening toothpastes altogether.
You should also avoid toothpastes that include baking soda, sodium fluoride, or stannous fluoride. These ingredients are also abrasive and can cause damage to your implants.
Best Overall: Tom’s of Maine Fluoride-Free Rapid Relief Sensitive Toothpaste
The most important thing to look for in toothpaste for those with dental implants is that it is fluoride-free, and that is precisely what this toothpaste from Tom’s of Maine offers.
Other ingredients include arginine and calcium carbonate from natural sources. These ingredients help seal pathways to tooth nerves, which helps block pain for those with sensitive teeth. Candidates for dental implants often have sensitive teeth, so this is a good quality to consider when looking for a toothpaste for your implants.
- There are no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- The formula isn’t tested on animals, and there are no animal ingredients in the formula
- Provides pain relief in just sixty seconds when massaged on a sensitive tooth
- Comes in a recyclable tube
- Contains no baking soda, sodium fluoride, or stannous fluoride
- The toothpaste contains L-Arginine, which can be absorbed through the mouth’s mucosa and increase nitric oxide, which benefits the circulatory system
- The formula whitens teeth but isn’t a whitening toothpaste, so it is safe for use for those with dental implants
- This toothpaste is more expensive than some may be used to
- Some report that the formula doesn’t make their mouth feel clean after use
Best Budget Option: Himalaya Complete Care Toothpaste
This fluoride-free toothpaste is made with neem and pomegranate, both well-known herbal cleansers. This formula is specially made for gum health, which is important for those with dental implants. There are also lots of mouth-freshening properties that will leave you feeling nice and fresh, and the minty flavor is pleasant.
- There are no harsh abrasives or chemical bleaches
- The product is never tested on animals
- The toothpaste doesn’t contain any ingredients that could harm dental implants.
- The product is extremely affordable and is ideal for people on a tight budget.
- A little goes a long way, so you won’t run out of the product too quickly, which further helps you save money.
- Some people may find the flavor too sweet for their liking
- It may be difficult to find in brick-and-mortar stores
Best Ingredients: Native Toothpaste Made From Naturally-Derived Cleaners
This Native toothpaste is fluoride-free and uses naturally derived cleansers to clean teeth. The ingredients are all-natural, and the formula is completely free of artificial preservatives. The taste of the toothpaste comes from xylitol, a plant-derived sweetener, and natural peppermint oil, rather than artificial sweeteners.
- Made without parabens, sulfates, triclosan, and artificial preservatives
- The toothpaste is sweetened with plant-derived sweeteners
- Hasn’t been tested on animals
- Made in the United States
- When you brush with this toothpaste, a rich foam forms
- This toothpaste is extremely expensive
- Some users have reported that the mint taste is not noticeable
Best Tasting: Revitin Natural Prebiotic Oral Care Toothpaste
This toothpaste promotes healthy gums, which is essential after receiving implants. It is also SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and fluoride-free, so these ingredients won’t damage your implants or hurt your sensitive gums. It whitens the teeth naturally, so you can improve the brightness of your smile without the harsh whitening ingredients that other toothpastes have.
Ingredients include Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and cranberry extract, all of which help overall mouth health. This, in turn, will help your healing process go quicker and better. Finally, this toothpaste isn’t mint-flavored like most other toothpastes; instead, it has a refreshing citrus flavor.
- The citrus flavor is delicious and has a different flavor than most other toothpastes on the market.
- Promotes healthy gums and mouth health
- Contains many Bioactives and vitamins
- Doesn’t have any fluoride or SLS
- Made in the United States
- Some users have experienced inflammation after using this product
Best Toothpaste Brands for Dental Implants
Many people have a toothpaste brand they’re loyal to or prefer before getting dental implants, and it can be difficult to adjust to a new brand. Luckily, you may not have to! Many popular brands have toothpaste options suitable for people with dental implants. Here are some of the best brands for your toothpaste needs:
These brands have at least one fluoride-free toothpaste option, and one tube costs less than $10.
- Hello. This entrepreneurial company never tests on animals, uses responsibly sourced ingredients, packaging made from recycled paper, and doesn’t use synthetic dyes or artificial sweeteners. The brand has approximately twenty fluoride-free toothpaste products, including toothpaste tablets.
- Schmidt’s. This brand uses unique ingredients, such as goji juice, pomegranate extracts, aloe leaf juice, and magnolia bark extract, to encourage mouth health and eliminate plaque and tartar. Schmidt’s Wondermint Toothpaste (available on Amazon) is a good, affordable option for people with dental implants.
- Kiss My Face. Kiss My Face makes effective body and beauty products sustainably and produces mostly vegan products. They never test on animals or use paraben or phthalate. They have two fluoride-free toothpastes.
These brands feature a higher price tag ($10 or more for one tube), but many find the extra cost to be worth it because of how good their teeth and their implants feel.
- Tom’s of Maine. This brand prioritizes natural and high-quality ingredients, and they review every ingredient to ensure that they meet their natural and safe standards. The ingredients are never tested on animals and are free of artificial flavors and fragrances. They have twelve fluoride-free toothpastes.
- Dr. Bronner’s. This brand only uses organic and fair-trade ingredients. The company also prioritizes treating their employees fairly with their progressive business practices and a 5 to 1 cap on executive salaries. Their toothpastes are gentle and effective.
If you brush your teeth twice a day with a good toothpaste that doesn’t contain harmful ingredients from one of these brands, you’re likely to be one of the 98% of successful dental implant cases, and your overall quality of life will improve!
Cleaning and maintaining your dental implants is essential to ensuring their success. To keep your mouth clean, you must continue brushing your teeth at least twice daily with a good toothpaste. The best toothpaste for people with dental implants is Tom’s of Maine Fluoride-Free Rapid Relief Sensitive Toothpaste because it is fluoride-free and doesn’t contain any ingredients that could damage an implant.