Having braces will automatically increase your awareness of how your teeth look by a factor of a lot. It’s already awkward enough to wear these devices in your mouth without the worry about how your teeth actually look under them.
Using the right toothpaste can alleveiate some of these fears. A good quality toothpaste that is meant to help clean your teeth as well as getting into every little crack and crevice of your braces is crucial.
With that said, our research has found the best toothpaste for your braces!
- Three 4 oz tubes of Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Teeth Whitening Enamel Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth, to Reharden and Strengthen Enamel - Packaging May Vary
- Acid erosion toothpaste that delivers minerals into the enamel layer to protect your teeth from acid erosion caused by acidic foods and drinks
- Sensitivity toothpaste that protects your teeth from pain triggers like temperature changes, acids, sweets or contact
- Strong enamel toothpaste that offers effective protection against cavities and improves your overall tooth enamel health
- Sensitive enamel toothpaste specially formulated to gently polish away stains, restoring the natural whiteness of your teeth
This is one of the most recommended toothpaste for braces mainly because it contains sodium fluoride as an ingredient among other reasons. It is specifically made to protect your teeth enamel by delivering the required minerals and thus protect it from acid erosion.
Also, with Sensodyne, you can be sure to have fresh breath since it protects your teeth from bacteria that cause a bad smell. As for those with sensitive gums and teeth, this is just the toothpaste for you. This is mainly due to the potassium nitrate element that is included in the toothpaste to prevent one from hypersensitivity.
So, if not for any other reason, if you have braces, use Sensodyne for the below:
- Sensodyne has a mint flavor that freshen your mouth the entire day and so, bad breath is not an option.
- It protects your teeth enamel from acid erosion and so, you can eat and drink your favorite foods without any worries.
- It released sodium fluoride each time you use it and this helps protect your teeth enamel.
- Fight cavities
- Whitens teeth
- Freshens breath and cleans tough to reach spaces
- Effervescent Mint flavor
Colgate is one of the most used toothpastes in the world since it has been in the market for a long time which means it has been tested and proven to be a great brand. Even so, why should you use it if you have braces? Here is why.
Just like Sensodyne, it has a mint flavor to freshen your breath all day long. It is effective for twelve hours which that means as long as you brush at least twice a day, your teeth are protected from germs all day long. Also, it helps whiten your teeth by removing stains from the braces and teeth. Lastly, it can be used by people with sensitive gums since it is clinically proven to relieve sensitivity and it also reduces the risk of gingivitis due to the triclosan element.
So, while Colgate may seem like an old brand, it is one of the best for your braces and the good thing is very affordable.
While there are many reasons to buy this toothpaste, the main one is that it is fun for your kids to use. So, if your child is having braces and depressed about it, ortho care is just the toothpaste to get to make him or her happy and willing to brush their teeth more often.
It has a lovely mint smell that ensures teeth have no bad smell. However, it is mainly for removing any stains underneath the braces majorly the white spots since they result in a cavity if not well cleaned. However, though it has no fluoride, it contains a mineral known as nano-hydroxyapatite that protects your teeth enamel from weakening.
Therefore, if you are looking for a toothpaste that will prevent cavities, clean underneath your braces, and leave you smelling fresh, these three kinds of toothpaste are the way to go. For more information on the same, kindly visit our website to understand why you should precisely pick any of the three.
Now that you have the toothpaste to use, how should you clean around your braces to ensure no stains are left? Well, the first step is choosing the right toothbrush. A point toothbrush will work very well since it can reach spots that standard toothbrushes cannot. Secondly, start by brushing the exteriors of your teeth then go to the inside, and for best results, make sure you take time cleaning each tooth individually.
Lastly, keep in dental health care recommendations such as brushing your teeth at least twice or thrice, change your brush regularly, eat safe foods, and find floss that is right for you among more.
What Are Some Other Products That Can Be Used To Clean Braces?
Other than toothpaste, here are some more products to use.
Orthofoam is one of a kind brace cleaner that whitens teeth and removes spots hidden under the brackets. It adds foam to any of the above toothpaste and thus gradually cleans the teeth without causing sensitivity.
It has a bubblegum flavor that makes it very good for kids to use even when they cannot brush. Lastly, it is safe for use and gentle to your teeth which means it can be used daily either as an addition to the toothpaste or independently, depending on what you choose.
- ALIGNERS FIT BETTER AND STAY FRESHER: WhiteFoam (50 mL), the only wearable aligner cleaner paired with OrthoChews (1 soft and 1 medium chew) - the ultimate necessity value pack for clear aligner users.
- FRESHENS BREATH & WHITENS TEETH: WhiteFoam gradually whitens teeth with no tooth sensitivity while killing 99.999% of bacteria that causes bad breath & tooth decay. No soaking or rinsing required. Just wear & go.
- TREATMENT PROGRESSES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE: Using OrthoChews will help to close any air gaps between your teeth and your aligners, making sure your aligners fit properly and your teeth begin to move immediately. OrthoChews will increase blood flow to reduce the pain you may experience from wearing your invisible braces.
- EASY TO USE: WhiteFoam does not require any soaking or rinsing, just wear and go! OrthoChews are easily positioned between your teeth to firmly bite down repeatedly. The quatrefoil shape enables a confident grip- no worries about slipping out of place!
- WEAR ALL DAY - Whiten while you straighten all day long to get that perfect smile with WhiteFoam. OrthoChews are reusable and can last for weeks.
Eversmile is one of the most recent breakthroughs in oral care. It can be used to clean braces and wires for as many time times as four times a day without causing any sensitivity. It is recommended for kids wearing braces and that is a big plus since the majority of people wearing braces are kids.
You can use it as an addition to your toothpaste to improve on the cleaning element. Besides, it helps fight gingivitis in people wearing braces since they are more likely to get it than those without braces.
So, while you decide to use braces, it is good that you equip yourself with all the information you need on how to maintain them as you ensure your teeth remain clean. This article is just but a guide to help you during these confusing and worrying times of using braces and at the same time shed some light on what you need.